Better off without you

The trees are covered in ice and somehow the ice around my heart has melted. I'm not simply angry anymore. I'm finally letting myself feel that pain. It's not fun either. My eyes are puffy from the tears and I just need someone to hold me and tell me that everything will be okay. You used to be that; the person I would turn to when I was feeling my worst. Now I wouldn't tell you my favorite color if you wanted to know.

I imagine what our conversation would be like if we saw each other again. I'd yell at you and say everything I've been holding back for the past year. I'd tell you how much you hurt me and that even though you may not have meant to, you still did. I tell you to talk about me all you want but I'll still be a better person than you in the end. You would try to brush it off like you don't know what I'm talking about when in reality, you just don't want me to hate you. Well, mission accomplished. I don't hate you because I'm done caring about you. You, of all people, aren't worth it. You are no longer a part of my life.
It's time for me to start a new healthy life without you. I deserve that, a life of happiness. I don't know when it will come...but it will.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: